Hello, future! Here we come. CH2M is now Jacobs. Today is the day when everything about our industry changes. Today, our two great companies join together to deliver more: The promise of a more connected, sustainable world. As our two great companies unite, you may see legacy branding, language or processes and you may be hired into either CH2M or Jacobs as legalities and situations require. Regardless, know that you will be part of an exciting industry change: Everything is possible.
As a Geotechnical Design Specialist, you’ll have the chance to perform a variety of geotechnical field investigation and engineering analysis and reporting and design work. Working with other members of the team, you’ll perform routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of geotechnical engineering principles.
During your time with us, you will use prescribing methods, as well as perform specific and limited portions of engineering assignments. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Geotechnical site investigation work in local and remote areas for short and long durations.
• REQUIRED: BS or MS (preferred) graduate of geological engineering/geotechnical engineering program.
• 0 to 2 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering.
• Geotechnical field investigation experience.
• EIT or Eligibility for Professional Engineer Licensing (P.Eng.) in future.
• The incumbent has basic knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories in geological engineering/geotechnical discipline, including soil mechanics.
• He/she has a general understanding of the role of the team/ department and industry practice and standards.