Job type: Full-time
Location: St. John’s, NL
Posted: November 7, 2018
Who We Are:
Integrated Informatics (www.integrated-informatics.com) is a software development shop servicing the Energy and Natural Resource sectors, specializing in Geographic Information System implementation and development.
Founded in 2002, Integrated Informatics provides decision support, workflow process automation, spatial data management, application development, and automated mapping solutions to clients throughout North America with offices in St. John’s, NL, Calgary, AB, and Houston, TX.
We offer a positive working environment and a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
We are looking for a Senior/Intermediate GIS Developer to join the team in our St. John’s, NL office.
- Experience matters! Our projects have a high level of challenge and innovation and require expertise and knowledge that comes from experience. Candidates should have 3 to 7 years (intermediate) or 7+ years (senior) of experience.
- The GIS developer will play a key role in a variety of activities such as solutioning, design, development, implementation, training, and support – including onsite client support and implementation, as required.
- You will be working on a combination of commercial, client, and R&D projects in an exciting and fast-paced environment, and at times will be required to jump back and forth between different technologies and different projects within a short time-frame.
- The core activity for this role is application development of high-performance desktop and web GIS applications for spatial data integration, analysis, and visualization – from project scoping and time estimates through to delivery and close-out.
- Applicant must have experience with enterprise GIS architecture and implementation (i.e. ArcSDE, ArcGIS Portal)
- Experience with the Esri geoprocessing frameworks (i.e. Python; ArcGIS Runtime) and APIs (i.e. Esri JS) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Server administration and creation, management, and optimization of GIS services
- Experience with database architecture design, deployment, and configuration a strong plus
- Thorough knowledge of spatial analysis techniques and use of Relational and Spatial databases in a GIS
- Experience with other spatial data manipulation applications, platforms or paradigms would also be highly advantageous to the applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Geology, GIS, Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
- Specialization, certification, or diploma in GIS development is highly desirable
- 3+ years recent work experience in development of commercial grade GIS desktop applications
- Writes highly readable, maintainable, and elegant code
- Plays nice with source control (git, tfs, svn, etc.)
- Writes tests, uses a debugger
- Understands and applies design patterns for code design and maintenance
- Proven experience in UI development
- Experience working in an iterative development and design process, and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills; must be able to handle conflicting priorities
- Able to gather requirements (functionality and usability) from conversations with Subject Matter Experts
- Evaluate/up-to-date on new technologies (self-taught; quick learner)
- Smart, strong work ethic, enthusiastic, driven, and gets things done
To apply, send cover letter and resume to:
no phone calls please