date: Sep 11, 2018
location: Houston, TX Texas, US
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Global Category Specialist – Subsea/Procurement located in Houston,TX Texas/United States through September 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID #389418
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Global Subsea Category Manager in developing the global subsea equipment, installation and intervention category strategies, plans and initiatives
- Manages global supplier relationships.
- Captures efficiency, reliability and total cost metrics from suppliers and strives for continuous improvement.
- Supports capital projects and operations in sourcing for subsea equipment and installation contracts.
- Assists Operations in resolving issues and claims with Suppliers.
- Identifies new opportunities in the Subsea market to improve project and service level efficiency and leads projects to implement new value creation approaches
- Performs benchmarking exercises on subsea equipment and installation performance.
- Participates in project peer review sessions.
- Leads intermediate level contract negotiations.
- Translates market intelligence into meaningful data to develop contracting strategies that provide total cost of ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience as a Subsea Project Engineer in the oil & gas industry
- 2+ years commercial experience in negotiating contracts
- 5+ years’ experience as point of contact for building and maintaining Oil and Gas customer relationships
- Experience managing or responding to a minimum of three (3) Oil & Gas Major Capital Project subsea equipment Requests for Quotation (RFQ)
- Demonstrated knowledge of subsea quality requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in strategy development and execution
- Written and verbal communication skills, able to effectively communicate with management and customers
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledgebase and a strong understanding of subsea operations and subsea equipment components, gained either through Project or Operational experience
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally 10% of time
- MBA Degree
- 7+ years of experience with Subsea Equipment Fabrication, Installation, and Standardization on Subsea Projects with equipment manufacturers and/or oil companies
- 3+ years’ experience as a Subsea Quality Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in resolving issues and build consensus
- Demonstrated knowledge of major capital project subsea equipment procurement processes
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Nearest Major Market: Houston