Location: Southampton, GB
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Southampton : Boldrewood Campus (LR_L000124)
Department:GB100038 : Marine Marketing (GB100038)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Your responsibilities will include
· Lead, formulate, develop and continuously improve the Cluster Strategy Plan that maximises return to LR within the target market, including the creation of new products / offers that drive marine’s target growth within the cluster, including both tactical and strategic marketing
· Anticipate cluster trends and what cluster clients would need to buy next, before competitors do, finding and reporting challenges and latent opportunities within the cluster market
· Ensure cluster business / investment cases (using global and local marketing intelligence as appropriate) are formulated so that innovative products / offers are created, developed, validated by market, made ready to be delivered and launched to market on time, including set up pricing and marketing/promotional policy for new products / offers, working with global and local teams as appropriate
· Communicate a thorough knowledge of market trends, conditions, competitor activity including pricing, packaging and value proposition, for the cluster market, giving direction on effective marketing initiatives and campaigns, ensuring that activities are undertaken within agreed budgets
· Monitor the competitiveness of the products / offers launched to market and ensure cluster business / investment cases are prepared for LR to remain ahead of competition within the cluster
· Ensure necessary cluster related marketing collaterals are produced, communicated, distributed internally and launched externally, and in accordance with cluster marketing plan
· Lead and represent LR internally and externally at events, conferences, exhibitions on subjects related to the cluster and design and deliver marketing campaigns for meeting cluster objectives and sales targets related to cluster as appropriate
· Measure the performance of the Cluster Strategy against key indicators and the return on investment on marketing for LR Marine and drive the continuous review and refresh of the Cluster Plan
· Follow applicable marketing processes in managing the implementation of the Cluster Market Plan that lead to a performing marketing function
· Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes and legislation and industry standards
· To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness
· Manage your own and your team’s compliance with health and safety rules, instructions, systems and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained and adequate resources are available to work safely
· Monitor and review health and safety performance, observe safety behaviours in the workplace, taking appropriate corrective and preventive action as necessary and suggesting and implementing improvement activities
To be considered
· A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register or professional qualifications.
· Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels – both inside our organisation and outside in the business.
· Ability and understanding to participate, communicate, positively contribute and add value in marine technical discussions with clients and LR colleagues alike.
· Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, visualise solutions and see through to resolution.
· Track record of building relationships, with the ability to pro-actively drive development of a network of key relationships internally and externally.
· Strong commercial awareness. Ability to develop strategic action plans based on input from key persons.
· Strong team spirit. Demonstrate professional people skills and promote a team working environment across the area of business.
· Thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment to manage commercial focus and find new business opportunities.
· Demonstrate motivational skills in directing colleagues to achieve business objectives.
· Flexible approach to adjust role as the position develops.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Gas Technician, Information Technology, IT Manager, Gas, Energy, Technology