Are you a dynamic, talented and highly motivated graduate engineer with an aptitude for analytical work? Then we want to meet you!
Our Aberdeen office is looking for a high-calibre graduate engineer to carry out structural design and dynamic analysis of riser systems and subsea structures.
If you are proactive, have excellent written communication skills, are confident in verbal communication with colleagues and clients through daily interaction and presentations, can work individually and as part of a project team, and are motivated to learn in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, then 2H may be the place for you.
If successful, you will perform design activities including calculations, dynamic structural analysis and system configuration for a variety of subsea structures. You will be responsible for ensuring acceptable structural and fatigue performance of the designs, whilst considering the functional, fabrication, installation and in-service requirements. The role will also involve communication of technical results and conclusions to other members of the team and clients through meetings, presentations and written reports.
- Minimum 2.1 degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, structural, etc.), mathematics, physics, or similar
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for carrying out analytical work efficiently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A desire to develop a career and expertise in the oil and gas industry
- Previous experience with industry-standard software is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days holiday (increasing during length of service)
- Life assurance
- Flexible working hours
- Affiliated training schemes for engineering chartership (including IMechE, ICE and IMarEST)
- Opportunities to travel to and work at client sites and facilities (onshore and offshore)
- Opportunities to visit and work in 2H offices around the world
- Cycle scheme
- Great work environment
- Fun social activities and team building events
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.