Apply by:March 25, 2019
Job ID #:32216
Aker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
The Aker Solutions’ Subsea team based in Luanda, is an innovative, dynamic and highly competent team that provides advanced subsea systems and services for use in water depths down to 2000 meters. We are now looking for creative and talented candidates who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Angolan market.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To carry out any work as required by the company
- To cultivate and maintain a professional image at all times
- behave in a professional manner
- have a positive and good attitude towards the company providing the training; to all levels of its staff, to their colleagues, and to their ‘work’.
- Be part of the productive process within the framework of being trained.
- use their intellectual and analytical abilities to further their development in the engineering profession.
- identify how they can complement their formal training by self-help.
- help develop their initiative and their innovative skills.
- be able to retrieve and use relevant information.
- to develop a natural inquisitive sense and ‘question’ ‘why’ and ‘how’ things are done, with the aim of improving procedures and thus productivity
- Ability to drive collaborative efforts effectively across multiple disciplines.
- Results-driven with a strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze hardware and firmware designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Supports his supervisor, ensuring that the design and technical specifications of the proposals are followed in the process of execution of the projects.
- Participates when necessary in the processes of design, safety evaluations, studies HAZOP and HAZID, risk assessments, etc.;
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineer, mechanical engineering or related field within 12 months of graduation or graduated within the last 12 months.
- No Professional experience required. However Oil and Gas Industry experience an advantage.
- Fluent at Portuguese and English;
- Computer user skills.
- CAD skills an advantage.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities