Are you a dynamic, talented and highly motivated junior/graduate engineer with an aptitude for analytical work? Then we want to meet you!
With a number of recent contract awards in our Perth office and a variety of technically challenging projects, we are looking to expand our team. If you are proactive, have excellent written communication skills, are confident in verbal communication with colleagues and clients through daily interaction and presentations, can work individually and as part of a project team, and are motivated to learn in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, then 2H may be the place for you.
You will perform design activities including calculations, dynamic structural analysis and system configuration for a variety of subsea structures. You will be responsible for ensuring acceptable structural and fatigue performance of the designs, whilst considering the functional, fabrication, installation and in-service requirements. The role will also involve communication of technical results and conclusions to other members of the team and clients through meetings, presentations and written reports. We use a number of software packages, from specialist riser analysis tools such as Flexcom, Orcaflex and SACS, to general purpose finite element analysis and design tools such as Ansys and Solidworks.
- 0-2 years’ engineering experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture), mathematics, physics, or similar
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for carrying out analytical work efficiently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A desire to develop career and expertise in the oil and gas industry
- Previous experience with industry-standard software is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Previous experience with society organizations such as Engineers Australia, Society of Underwater Technology and/or University clubs is advantageous.
- Must be eligible to work in Australia (work visa or citizenship).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (increasing during length of service)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to travel to and work at client sites and facilities (onshore and offshore)
- Opportunities to visit and work in 2H offices around the world
- Great work environment
- Fun social activities and team-building events
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume (clearly displaying you are eligible to work in Australia) to Thuc Do at Thuc.Do@2hoffshore.com.
Start date for this position will be April-July 2019.