Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Keene, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This position will be for maintaining and configuration of electronic equipment such as Transmitters, Control Valves, PLC’s and Operator Interface units, and various other instrumentation equipment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots and maintain H2S and LEL monitors and needed documentation to keep compliant with Hess Company standards
- Performs maintenance on Plant and Compressors and related equipment.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoot and program Allen-Bradley PLC’s , Panelviews, and RTU equipment used at various sites
- Maintenance of radio, and fiber and wire Ethernet SCADA systems
- Maintenance of instrumentation equipment such as pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters along with gas monitoring systems
- For each of the above: Perform periodic inspection, calibration, trouble shooting and repair. Also install, upgrade, suggest and make approved modifications necessary to improve operations
- Maintains, inspects and troubleshoots high voltage breakers, motors and other equipment
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Be able to recognize and solve problems
- Actively participates in safety programs and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills
- Read blueprints and trace electrical circuitry
- Ability to read and interpret various documentation and drawings for electrical electronic, instrumentation and process data. Including blueprints, schematics, Loop drawings, P&ID’s
- Working knowledge of PLC systems, industry standard communication protocols, such as Devicenet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, and Hart
- Willing to mentor and teach others skills necessary to maintain equipment after installation
- Highly motivated self starter willing to accept responsibility and accountability
- Teamwork – work effectively with others outside the line of normal authority to accomplish organizational goals
- Preferred 2-5 years working in an industrial environment maintaining and troubleshooting electrical instrumentation and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word
- Electrical or instrumentation degree preferred
- Electrical license preferred (required for certain tasks)
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.