In all environments, we acquire process and interpret surveys that provide our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their subsurface targets and geological settings. We deliver our unique expertise in geoscience technology and project management through our three complementary business activities: Equipment, Acquisition and GGR (Geology, Geophysics & Reservoir).
CGG is a recognized leader in subsurface imaging and our international teams are dedicated to solving our clients’ complex challenges. Come and join us to help build the most stunning images of the Earth’s subsurface, using our massive computers capability. Thanks to our talented people and in-house technology, CGG is unique in the geoscience sector.
The Imaging Geophysicist is responsible for taking charge of a processing step in the processing of raw seismic, working closely with Imaging Project Leader, utilizing analytical and problem solving skills to provide seismic processing solution to our customer and deliver high quality of seismic images of the Earth’s subsurface. Strong mathematics skills are essential, curiosity and innovative spirit are key success factors in this role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Imaging Geophysicist possess and applies broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of assignments
- Involved with taking charge of processing step (denoise, demult , regularization …)
- May provide suggestions to improve existing software , develop new technology, and improve the products and services offered
- Responsible for a processing step in an imaging project. May need guidance to solve geophysical and production problems
- Responsible for the quality of QC products
- Responsible for setting up, running, and monitoring processing job decks
- Works with Project or Team Leaders to ensure clients are happy and satisfied with product
- Typically requires Master or higher in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Geosciences or other analytical discipline
- Strong mathematics skills are essential, as well as high problem solving abilities, great attention to details and effective communication skills
- A team player; with good time management and ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Curiosity and innovative thinking are key success factors