Date: Aug 13, 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The Facilities Advisor is a senior-level position and is considered a Subject Matter Expert to the company for functional expertise within the facilities and pipeline arena. The candidate solves both common and unique problems among business units and functional teams and has an understanding of complex design and execution strategies in dynamic situations based on broad and deep applied professional experience. Holds himself/herself accountable for direct impacts upon a project’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides recommendations and advice for either technical design support or strategic execution options in any of the following focus areas: facilities, pipelines/piping systems, salt water disposals and related equipment/systems.
- Evaluates current practices to identify improvement opportunities company-wide; develops recommendations to enhance performance.
- Conducts cost benefit and/or risk-based design analysis on projects and opportunities to provide strategic recommendations across the company.
- Provides guidance for development plans associated with oil, gas and water field facilities and related piping systems.
- Assists engineering and other technical personnel solve operations problems.
- Provides monitoring and surveillance programs for facilities-related performance, and coordinates these programs to determine if the development plan is congruent with management strategy.
- Trains, mentors and develops less experienced engineers. Recruits, develops and oversees development/training plan for entry-level engineers and summer engineering interns, etc.
- Promotes shared learnings and best practices.
- Serves as effective project manager on select larger and more complex projects company-wide.
- Troubleshoots broader and more technical operational problems.
- Identifies and tracks new technologies in their area of expertise that have potential to benefit the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Expert knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and construction of oil and gas facilities.
- Expert knowledge and ability to integrate all technical disciplines and specialties associated with oil and gas facilities and piping systems are essential.
- Expertise in general project management skills and toolsets.
- Expertise in risk assessments/methodologies and conducting process hazard analyses (PHAs).
- Ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Expert knowledge of facilities and piping systems associated with the development of unconventional development plays.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum: One of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program,
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, OR
- Master’s degree from an accredited university Master’s of Engineering degree from a program in which the correlating Bachelor’s degree is accredited by the ABET EAC.
- Minimum: 12 – 15 years related work experience.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Pipeline, Project Manager, Engineering, Energy, Technology, Entry Level