Location: Houston, TX, US
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Houston : 1330 Enclave Parkway (LR_L000269)
Department:US915052 : Mechanical Integrity (US915052)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
We started out in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide.
The Lloyd’s Register Asset Integrity and Maintenance Optimization Department provides a comprehensive and diverse range of technical services to support leading Energy-sector Operators in ensuring Asset Integrity for their operated facilities.
We are currently searching for an experienced Integrity Engineer, with a demonstrable background in operational service delivery to the Oil and Gas Industry, to join join our team in our Houston office. This is a highly visible, client facing role that will report to the Integrity Manger, and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Management of pressure system risk based inspection (RBI) requirements and inputs/outputs to client’s Integrity Data Management System (IDMS)
- Formulation of inspection workbooks for Pressure Systems / Structures and Pipelines
- Liaison with Mechanical Integrity Engineers, scheduling inspection enactment activities for the reporting of inspection results on pressure systems and structural plant
- Liaison with corrosion/pipeline/structural disciplines for delivery of specific workbooks/inspection schemes
- Prepared to travel to client’s sites and facilities both onshore/offshore and overseas, sometimes at short notice
- Degree in Engineering or Science preferred
- Knowledge of NDT techniques, applications and experience in inspection of pressure systems and structural plant, PCMS preferred
- Versatile and flexible team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good attention to detail, able to write clear, concise and accurate reports and also interpret reports from 3rd parties
- Adaptable and well organized with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Sound working knowledge of current Oil & Gas legislation and associated regulations including awareness/understanding of relevant Codes, Guidance Documents, codes of Practice, etc. relating to the Oil & Gas Industry.
At Lloyd’s Register, we’re proud of the work we do and the difference we make. Right now, we’re looking for talented and ambitious people to help us in continuing to make that difference.
We offer a strong benefits package, including health insurance, 401K with company matching, and a unique corporate culture where doing the right thing is highly valued and work life balance is real.
Join us in working together for a safer world.
The Lloyd’s Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air – for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Inspector, Pipeline, Offshore Oil, Engineering, Quality, Energy