Intermediate Software Developer – User Experience
CMG is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to join our CoFlow project as a member of our User Experience team. CoFlow is a next-generation set of technologies that will make reservoir simulation and production engineering workflows faster, easier, and less error-prone, allowing oil companies to better understand and develop petroleum resources.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Infrastructure Lead and other developers in vertical development teams to design and implement new functional requirements in a timely manner, and to support and maintain existing software.
- Develop and enhance the application user experience using C#, WPF, and other technologies.
- Follow established team software development procedures for design, coding, testing and other activities.
- Develop mock-ups of new user experience elements, with review meetings prior to implementation.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A minimum of five years of development experience.
- Experience in the development of functional, effective and aesthetically attractive User Interfaces, using modern user interface technologies.
- Strong proven experience of C# and the .NET framework.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and willingness to learn.
In addition, the following attributes are considered beneficial:
- Experience with usability design.
- Experience with WPF.
- Experience with asynchronous programming and the Task Parallel Library.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development.
- A bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
If you have the above qualifications and are interested in a challenging career with CMG, please forward your resume, via email, to: email@example.com.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Our Vision: to be the leading developer and supplier of dynamic reservoir technologies in the world.
CMG is a Canadian-based computer software technology and consulting company serving the oil and gas industry. We specialize in advanced recovery processes, helping our clients generate greater returns from their oil and gas assets. Recognized worldwide as a leading developer of reservoir flow modeling software, CMG has seven sales and technical support offices worldwide to service our blue chip client base of over 583 international oil companies and technology centers in more than 61 countries.
With frequent credit in technical and investor publications, some of CMG’s recent accolades include:
- S&P/TSX Canadian Dividend Aristocrats Index (member since 2015)
- Branham 300 – Top 25 Canadian Software Companies (since 2011)
- 2016 Alberta Venture 250, #166 by revenue
- 2014 Canadian Business Investor 500, #89 for small cap stock
- Customer related statistics:
- 100% of the supermajors use CMG
- 90% of the top-10 National Oil Companies (NOC) use CMG
- 80% of the top-25 world’s biggest oil companies use CMG
CMG’s shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “CMG”.