Date: Apr 9, 2019
Location: Houston, Texas, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
This member of the IT Planning Team provides IT Strategic Planning and Portfolio Management, and executes the Process and Governance blocks of the IT Strategy. The role focuses primarily on running IT like a business and managing the delivery of the portfolio versus that of a project.
The individual must be able to understand the IT Strategy and the Ways of Working required to implement it, the importance of the Project Management Office (PMO), and leverage the PMO to improve delivery of projects, and add value to the Corporation.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in developing and sustaining a capacity planning process and in managing 1-2 direct reports.
The role will require managing 2 direct reports and setting direction for the team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devises a portfolio view of IT to enable running IT like a business
- Implements Process and Governance for execution of IT strategy
- Coaches in business case development
- Works closely with PMO function to incorporate project delivery metrics and lessons learned into portfolio view
- Maintains central tracking for the Portfolio governance process
- Manages portfolio reporting – creates and communicates estimates of resources, timelines, and risks for delivering proposed strategies and plans
- Ensures continuous alignment of project investments and initiatives with business strategy based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Functional managerial oversight for demand management and capacity planning; provides subject matter support for these and manages their adoption
- Creates systematic processes and procedures to ensure continuous communication and alignment between IT and the rest of the business
- Strong knowledge of business case development, business domain analysis, IT governance formulation, new technology evaluation, and IT risk management
- Conduct portfolio opportunity reviews to evaluate readiness, value, and delivery capabilities
- Future state: IT strategy development
- Minimum of 10 years of experience delivering projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Planning and portfolio management at least 3 of which are in project governance, portfolio management, and use of tools
- Experience in leading small teams and directing work is preferred
- Portfolio Management experience is required
- Project Management experience is required
- Working knowledge of Agile scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Lean a plus
- High performance delivery focus with an emphasis on task ownership and completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Should possess ability to convince and manage stakeholders
- Ability to influence IT Teams, identify operational inefficiencies and organize to close gaps through the creation and execution of standards
- Liaises closely with other functional E&P groups as necessary
- Positive, service-focused attitude is required
Education, Training & Certifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or related field is required; MBA preferred.
- PMP or Agile certification preferred.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut | Employee | Information Technology | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25034