Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
This is an intermediate level position. The Piping Designer will be responsible for the preparation of engineering drawings for all construction work by utilizing AutoCAD. In close cooperation with the engineering department team, the Piping Designer will produce detailed drawings, including as-builts, schematics and flow diagrams, P&ID’s and piping drawings.
- Assist senior designers drafting or 3D modeling from rough design sketches and design standards.
- Assist senior designers by drafting or extracting drawings from 3D models.
- Make drawing and 3D model changes, corrections and modifications as directed by senior designers.
- Assist senior designers in pipe design work at the project site, such as preparing had drawn sketches and taking field measurements.
- Perform routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Some selection and application of established and specific procedures may be required.
- Designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Use computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to gather information, make studies, perform calculations, and prepare original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinate design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications.
- Normally requires a minimum of 1 year experience, High School or Associate Graduate with adequate related CAD drafting training.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Some experience with S3D preferred, as well as PDMS and Cadworx.
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
- Previous safety awareness training is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 16, 2019, 2:10:56 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com