Jacobs, has a great opportunity for a junior level Geotechnical Engineer to join and help grow our Redding, CA office. You would work as team with our geotechnical and tunneling practice consisting of close to 200 engineers in North America. As our Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to follow projects from the conceptual phase through the construction phase, working on traditional design-bid-build as well as design-build projects.
As a Jacobs Junior-Level Geotechnical Engineer you will:
• Participate in field assignments that will include observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, CPT soundings, geophysical testing); geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and inspection of the construction of geotechnical structures (earth retaining structures, deep foundations, dams, tunnels, and shallow foundations).
• Have the opportunity to travel to and work in locations both within the USA and around the world.
• Under supervision, design shallow and deep foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvement, embankments, and cut slopes.
• Perform liquefaction potential analyses.
• Analyze laboratory and field testing results and select geotechnical design parameters.
• Prepare and review technical reports, data reports and baseline reports.
• Use computer programs including Settle3D, Slide, APile, LPILE, Shaft, FB-MultiPier, DeepXcav, GRLWeap, Plaxis, and MathCAD to complete engineering analysis and prepare design calculations.
• Prepare design drawings and construction specifications, and review construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
• Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across North America and the world.
• Share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions.
- 2-3 years of experience within Geotechnical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering)
- Able to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the principles of soil and rock mechanics, geotechnical design
- Ability to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-California-Redding
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
: Nov 2, 2018, 8:05:36 PM