Junior Petroleum Geologist
Contract Type: Temporary or permanent position
Beicip-Franlab is a world leading consulting Company providing services and software to help oil and gas professionals in interpreting subsurface data and assessing exploration and production risks and opportunities. Our company is seeking a Petroleum Geologist to support the development of its activities.
As a Junior Petroleum Geologist Consultant, you will be expected to work directly in an integrated project team composed of experienced geophysicists, geologists and reservoir engineers. You will apply geological technologies and interpretation skills to perform prospect evaluation, geological modelling and reservoir characterization for Oil & Gas Companies exploration, appraisal and development drilling programs.
The successful candidate must have basic knowledge of sedimentology, sequence stratigraphy, well log analyses, 3D modeling, and petroleum system analyses. Knowledge in other associated subjects would be a plus.
You will be based in our main office near Paris in France with opportunities to travel abroad.
The role is ideally suited for candidates who wish to:
- Work in a dynamic and motivating environment;
- Seek opportunities to work on a wide range of fields and technical challenges;
- Take early responsibilities.
Acting as Junior Consultant, you will directly report to the Team Leader for management aspects and Project leaders for operational activities. You will be expected to:
- Perform geological interpretation, characterization and modeling by integrating subsurface geological, geophysical and reservoir data in various settings;
- Work actively in an integrated project team (with geophysicists, geologists and reservoir engineers);
- Apply industry standard tools to map and describe prospects, understand and model reservoir properties, quantify risk, and participate in volumetric and reserves estimations;
- Participate to the presentation and discussion with the client from data collection to the results delivery;
- Thanks to an access to leading edge technologies, you will apply innovative methods and solutions to optimize prospects evaluation and field development.
Beicip-Franlab is looking for highly motivated individuals with the following qualifications:
An MSc/PhD degree in Geology;
First Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is a plus;
A commitment for mobility as the job may include short-term and long-term missions overseas;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral;
A confident and assertive personality with the ability to provide effective technical leadership and articulate strong technical arguments;
Proficiency with standard software packages for geological interpretation, characterization and modeling;
Fluent English and French mandatory, other language advantageous;
Legal right to work in France without company sponsorship