- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Experience Level: Experienced
- Posted Date: 2/7/2019 7:03:20 PM
- Job #: 1901101
- Location(s): United States; New York; SKANEATELES
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
The R&D Firmware Engineer will help our team develop the most advanced hand-held remote visual inspection (RVI) equipment in the world. Work entails design and development of embedded software for control and visualization via a combination of digital signal processors (DSP’s), x86/x64 multicore CPU’s, and current generation graphics processing units (GPU’s), with an emphasis on design for testability and validation automation.
In the role of R&D Firmware Engineer, you will:
· Design and implementation of video processing algorithms utilizing DSP’s & GPU’s
· Design and implementation of time critical processing routines utilizing microcontrollers for communication, control & mechatronics
· Create and review design documents, with traceability to requirements and implementation
· Incorporate testability features into embedded software to facilitate automated validation and regression testing
· Assist with initial hardware bring-up and isolating issues to hardware or software areas
· Provide support and debug of embedded systems currently in production, interfacing with production engineers as appropriate
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years of product development experience
Add Eligibility Requirement
BHGE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
· C/C++ experience, with working knowledge of DSP / GPU, along with some C#
· Knowledge of microcontrollers and digital signal processors, along with both Linux and Windows based tools and development environments Skaneateles NY 13153
· General embedded software / firmware development including interrupt / DMA handlers, using bus and serial protocols, peripheral drivers and hardware abstraction
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with typical embedded development workflow including: cross compilation & assembly, use of emulators, loader programs, flash ROM programming debuggers, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers, particularly using TI, Renesas, Microchip, ARM and Atom processors
· Experience with or knowledge of video systems, illumination technologies and video borescopes
· Ability to utilize specifications and system schematics to enhance testability, functionality and product value
· Experience with specifying and writing self-test code to verify proper functioning of hardware
· Ability to interface with stakeholders to develop and review requirements and plans
· Experience directing or leading other software and validation engineers
· Desire to be part of a highly collaborative team of engineers, product managers and production employees
· Detail-oriented and self-starting
Locations: United States; New York; SKANEATELES
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.