- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 4/8/2019 10:54:26 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Role Summary:Lead Engineer – BHGE Valve and Choke Engineering for SPS and SRV will be responsible for supporting BHGE valve and choke product engineering for all Subsea Engineering activity across the business lifecycle.Reporting to the Core Product Lead, you will be responsible for valve and choke design, providing NPI and product support, ensuring the correct technical solutions are available to project and services.
Essential Responsibilities:In this role the Lead Engineer is to deliver as unified executors of work scopes across NPI, SPS & SRV. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the specification and engineering control of GE Proprietary equipment as part of the Valve and Choke Product Catalogue. Core products covered will include, but are not limited to:Subsea valves and actuators (all types) and chokes.
- Working with the Core Product team to operate as a unified Subsea team that delivers on-time and within budgets.
- Drive rationalisation of valve and choke parts as well as establishing and maintaining Product Catalogues of configured, pre-qualified assemblies. Reduce part proliferation and ensure part re-use.• Produce new valve designs and drive qualification inline with industry standards.
- Promote technical excellence to support product design, technology development, supplier quality & process qualification, internal manufacturing, field services and issue resolution.
- Support and deliver project workscopes to product and project fulfilment team through NPI, ITO and OTR phases of every project with technical rigor, responsiveness, good business sense, simplicity and customer focus.
- Be the point of contact for advice and problem resolution to clients, COE’s, sourcing, product management and manufacturing related to valves & chokes
- Continuously drive the creation of common specifications, procedures and approaches through areas of expertise across the subsea productions systems. Identifying Synergies and eliminating duplication of effort and waste.
- Work closely with strategic sourcing, manufacturing and quality to ensure philosophy of the Product Catalogue is understood and leveraged in long-term supplier agreements. Solicit feedback from supply chain and across functions to ensure the Product Catalogue offers maximum value.
- Provide operational direction consistent with business initiatives & drive excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership and compliance
- Create and embrace new business initiatives / ideas & encourage team members to do the same and incorporate them into daily work
- Identify and Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the organization to customer & business needs
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Masters or Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline.
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Strong Engineering experience in valves and chokes
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Fluent English speaker
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Prior experience focusing on managing the design & development of products / solutions
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Strong coaching expertise and demonstrated success in working across business functions, other GE businesses, and the global teams
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Ability to interface effectively with all levels of a matrix environment
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Strong business acumen and customer mindset
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Strong oral and written communication skills
- “Times New Roman”;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB”>Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations:United Kingdom; Aberdeen