Are you a dynamic, experienced and motivated engineer with an aptitude for leading analytical and design work for clients? Do you have a passion for building relationships with clients and winning work? Are you interested in leading our growth plans in Norway? Then we want to meet you!
2H Offshore is a leading consultancy specialising in engineering, analysis, design, and delivery of risers and subsea structures, primarily for the offshore oil and gas industry. Founded in the UK and now part of the Acteon group of companies, we have worldwide offices in London, Aberdeen, Houston, Rio de Janeiro, Kuala Lumpur, Perth and Beijing and clients in all oil and gas regions.
The 2H team is dynamic and highly interactive, resulting in a great working environment which rewards strong teamwork and performance.
We have ambitious plans for further international growth, including expanding our operations in Norway. With over two decades working on projects in Norway, a local presence will strengthen our links to operators and Acteon Group companies in the region. We are seeking a talented lead engineer who, with our support, can represent, lead and grow 2H’s business in Norway and Scandinavia.
The role will be based in Stavanger, however, some travel will be required to our UK headquarters near London.
You will be responsible for identifying project opportunities in Norway and the Scandinavia region, securing work and delivering projects to a high standard. The role will involve extensive communication of capability, proposals, technical results, reports, presentations and conclusions to clients and other members of the 2H team.
The position will also require a strong emphasis on delivering quality technical work, including undertaking, reviewing and leading teams to complete calculations, dynamic structural analysis and system configuration for a variety of subsea structures. You will be responsible for ensuring acceptable structural and fatigue performance of subsea equipment for our clients, whilst considering the functional, fabrication, installation and in-service requirements. We use a number of software packages, from specialist riser analysis tools such as Flexcom, Orcaflex and SACS to general purpose finite element analysis and design tools such as Ansys and Solidworks so familiarity with some of these is beneficial.
Due to the variety of projects, the work may involve other engineering activities to support the procurement, fabrication, installation, structural monitoring and integrity management of the risers and subsea structures we design, including visits to fabrication yards, offshore platforms and vendor facilities.
- Identification and pursuit of sales opportunities within Norway and the broader Scandinavian region
- Client and vendor interfacing including sales visits, technical presentations and meetings
- Preparation of proposals
- Design of subsea structures, riser systems or components at concept through to detailed design level
- Analysis of subsea structures, riser systems or components using state-of-the-art commercial and in-house software
- Engineering support to the procurement, fabrication, installation and integrity management of riser and subsea structures
- Managing teams of engineers to complete activities
- Preparation and approval of technical deliverables, including reports
- Performing all work in compliance with industry standards and 2H’s QHSE policies
- Interfacing and working with our Acteon sister companies in Norway
- Strong degree in engineering (civil, maritime, structural, mechanical, etc), naval architecture, or similar, with an average grade of C or better and strong marks in structural and hydrodynamic subjects.
- 5+ years’ experience in dynamic analysis of subsea structures, preferably for risers and conductors
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for carrying out analytical and design work efficiently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to make a difference and take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Desire to develop career and expertise in the offshore industry
- Driven to succeed
- Previous experience with industry-standard software is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
What We Offer
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Careers.UK@2hoffshore.com.