Req ID 95666BR
Job category Engineering Upstream
Countries (State/Region) South East
Location United Kingdom – South East – Sunbury
Tortue project is a large offshore LNG project off the coast of Mauritania and Senegal. The subsea component of the development will include a deepwater subsea gathering system linking to an FPSO (mid-water) and a gas export pipeline to the LNG Hub (shallow water).
The candidate will join the Tortue Ph1 project subsea team based in the Epsom offices of Mc Dermott Contractors.
The lead pipeline engineer will work as part of the BP Engineering team in an EPCI lump sum environment to deliver the pipeline design. They will report to Pipeline and Riser Engineering Team Leader.
- Delivery of a safe and fit for operation PL system for the Tortue project
- Delivery of the design of all Pipeline system components – inc. Spools, crossings, FTAs (PLETs) and associated protection structures
- Technical Support to Procurement of line pipe
- Interfacing with other disciplines – Material, Flow Assurance, Geotechnical
- Interfacing with Installation and Precom teams.
- Interfacing with GSS on key interface issues – Connectors, Spool/Manifold interaction, etc.
- Delivery and hand over to operation of Subsea Integrity management strategy.
- Chartered Engineer
Essential experience and job requirements
- Very strong experience of Subsea Pipeline design, delivery, installation and pre-commissioning.
- Very strong experience of EPCI contractor management
- Very strong Project Execute Experience
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Role to be based at contractor offices in Epsom.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience of deepwater pipeline installation
- Operational pipeline experience
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Yes – up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.