This is a lead level Piping Designer role. The Piping Designer has complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex problems under general direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Develop complex equipment and piping layout that will satisfy all technical requirements on a project from the preliminary design stage through the detail design stage, or review the work for the assigned area as being developed by a satellite offices. Have a working knowledge of all safety, maintainability and operability layout requirements.
- Coordinate area design assignments with designers in adjacent design areas.
- May be required to assist the Piping Design Team Lead by functioning as an Area Lead. This will require planning and directing the layout and work of designers and checkers.
- Produce or assist less experienced designers in producing finished Piping Design deliverables through the use of 2D CAD software or extraction from a 3D model.
- Check, or supervise the checking of design and deliverables as prepared by other designers for accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and project specifications and standards.
- Maintain project controls and records as required.
- Assist in the training and development of Piping Design personnel and evaluate the work of others.
- Normally requires a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience and a High School or Associate Graduate, or a BS degree reducing this requirement to 6 to 8 years experience.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Primary experience in S3D is preferred.
- Experience in other applications such as PDMS, Cadworx and Optiplant are a plus.
- Field experience and experience in developing turnaround packages and providing turnaround support is preferred
- Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant is preferred
- Previous safety awareness training is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 16, 2019, 2:21:33 AM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com