• Act as a single point of contact on matters related to Piping and Layout Engineering in all phases of the project.
• Be responsible for the cost effective Piping and Layout solutions to company projects in compliance with relevant client requirements.
• Be responsible for the technical integrity for compliance to project HSE requirements relevant to the scope of work.
• Prepare piping engineering philosophies and specifications such as Piping Design Basis, Pipe Stress Analyses Procedure, Pipe Support Standard, Piping &Valve Material Specification, Piping Insulation, NDT and Fabrication procedure
• Manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance to Standards & Project Specifications
• Provide technical support to the project to obtain necessary approvals from the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
• Liaison with quality/inspection responsible and ensure implementation of agreed inspection and testing plans and participate in resolution of quality issues.
• Conduct PDMS Model review to technically demonstrate the layout model for meeting the project requirements in terms of HSE, optimized arrangement, material handling and constructability
• Represent Piping Discipline in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to piping and layout design and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
• Identify and manage resource requirements and supervise the distribution of tasks and Lead, guide and mentor the team on the project by providing technical solutions.
• Align to the progress of Piping Engineering scope and internal and supplier deliverables, where applicable, as per the schedule of the project.
• Manage change within the scope of work for the Piping Discipline on assigned projects
• Minimum 15 years of experience having worked in an engineering setup for upstream oil & gas projects (platforms & FPSO projects) serving in the capacity of a Piping Lead Engineer. FPSO experience in Pre-FEED/ Conceptual and FEED preferred.
• Project experience in EPC, NCS and UKCS sectors is advantageous
• Prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and green field projects with similar roles and accountabilities and has an excellent understanding of project phases, milestones and deliverables.
• Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Piping and layout engineering, procurement and cost-effectiveness, with a proven track record in projects.
• Able to demonstrate design experience pertaining to Piping Engineering deliverables, such as, Layout drawings, philosophy, specifications, data sheets and MTO.
• A thorough understanding and knowledge of Codes and Standards including but not limited to, ASME, API (American Petroleum Institute), BS, European Regulations and other guidelines.
• Computer literacy, in commonly used business software applications, such as, PDMS/Navisworks, Autocad, MS Office and specific software to for stress analyses, pipe thickness, Branch reinforcement etc is preferred.
• Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
• Effective technical communication (oral and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client technical authorities, and client’s project management representatives and approving bodies is required.
• A self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyse problems and provide focused solutions to assigned projects.
• Effective strong inter-personal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.