Aibel’s skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s eight offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund (Norway) and Laem Chabang (Thailand) with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Report to, and provide support to the Project Engineering Manager on assigned projects and report to the Head – Process/Safety Engineering at the basis level.
- Act as the single point of contact for the Safety Engineering Discipline and support the project team during Tenders or Conceptual, FEED or Detailed Engineering phases.
- Understand and implement Company work processes, procedures and policies as appropriate and, where necessary, adapt Company work processes and procedures to meet project or Client specific requirements.
- Be conversant with Company contractual requirements and Scope Boundaries and be responsible for the Management of Change within the scope of work for the Safety Engineering Discipline on assigned projects.
- Be responsible for the management of resources and the progress of the Safety Engineering scope and for internal and external deliverables in line with the project budget and schedule.
- Be responsible for all Safety Engineering design activities and deliverables in compliance with project specific performance, integrity, quality and HSE requirements.
- Review and provide technical inputs to Safety Engineering related technical matters to other disciplines during the project.
- Review and provide technical inputs to equipment/ package related technical matters related to specifications, package bid enquiries, technical bid evaluations and Safety Engineering inputs for the procurement of equipment / packages.
- Ensure that that all risks related to his/her discipline are identified, assessed and preventive measures are implemented in a timely manner.
- Provide project technical support with respect to verification activities by the verification body / classification society or other applicable approving authorities.
- Represent the Safety Engineering discipline during meetings, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews and be responsible for an effective and timely resolution of identified issues.
- Provide technical support related to Safety Engineering at the fabrication site, whenever required.
- Supporting the Discipline Head, responsible for the proper division of work and responsibility and for mentoring, training, and developing direct reports and provide inputs to their performance appraisal.
- Continuously seeking to improve working methods, tools and procedures and contribute actively to the Safety Engineering Discipline development and experience transfer.
- Must have extensive experience with Oil & Gas projects (fixed installations and FPSOs), with significant experience working as a Lead Safety Engineer.
- Must have had prior work experience with medium/ large sized brownfield and/or greenfield projects in the upstream Oil and Gas in a similar capacity and demonstrable understanding of project phases, milestones, discipline deliverables and internal and external interfaces.
- Shall possess extensive experience with the development of Safety Design Philosophies and Specifications related to Escape and Emergency Response, Active and Passive Fire Protection, Fire and Gas detection, Design Accidental Loads, Emergency Shutdown and Human Factor Engineering.
- Shall have extensive experience with producing and overseeing Safety Engineering Deliverables related to Escape Route Layouts, Firewater Calculations and P & IDs, Fire and Gas Drawings, Hazardous Area, Noise Specification and Flare Radiation.
- Shall be capable of specifying, managing and implementing recommendations from third party safety studies and workshops, including HAZID/ENVID, SIL Classifications, Smoke, Gas, Fire and Explosion Risk Analyses, Evacuation Analyses, QRA, ALARP assessments, Fire and Gas Mappings and Noise Studies.
- Shall preferably have had exposure to the UKCS and NORSOK regulatory environments and have an understanding of EU Directives and Industry Standards related to the Safety Engineering discipline.
- Shall be skilled with commonly used business software applications such MS Office and shall, preferably, have experienced with PIPENET and Flaresim software.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Safety Engineering or equivalent engineering specialisation.
- Excellent technical communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present technical issues to design teams, client, technical authorities and verification bodies.
- Self-starter and be able to work independently, make sound decisions, analyse problems and provide focused solutions.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
What we offer:
We can offer you interesting assignments in an informal, dynamic and friendly working environment with good possibilities for professional and personal development. We offer a wide range of social events and competitive benefits.
Quadrupei vocificat suis, et pessimus adfabilis cathedras umbraculi, quod syrtes chirographi comiter amputat Medusa.
Tel: 0800 123 4567