: United States-Texas-Houston
Job Posting Date
: Jan 2, 2019, 7:44:18 PM
Emerson is actively seeking a candidate to fill the Lead Technologist position for control system related projects in the oil and gas, refining, and petro-chemical industries for our Houston, Texas office. Approximately 50% travel is expected.
We provide project management, engineering and design services and supply of control systems hardware and software for control system projects in the oil and gas, refining, and petro-chemical industries.
- As part of the technical leader team member you will participate in control systems modernization projects involving the latest technology available in automation, digital control and safety systems. The individual will perform as a lead technical person on a project in a specific area of expertise and ensure the execution and quality of the deliverables.
- Plan and lead other team members in the execution of projects;
- Accountable to complete project designs that meet quality, budget and schedule;
- Assist the Project Manager with developing the project schedule, resource requirements and report progress;
- Manage project scope of work and assist in change order management;
- Coordinate work with other engineering centers;
- Ensure Client’s standard and company design processes and procedures are adhered to;
- Use industry standards and trends to improve design practices, drive cost reductions and identify standards requiring revision;
- Participate in execution of front-end studies and detailed project execution;
- Lead the efforts to define and develop project scope of work, construction scope of work, man hour estimates and project schedules;
- Develop/evaluate bid packages for I&E construction, RIE’s, panels, cabinets and related control systems/electrical equipment;
- Plan and perform field surveys, assist and direct designers to survey existing; instrumentation/electrical equipment, instrument wiring, cable/conduit routing, control rooms, rack rooms and any related control systems/electrical items;
- Assist in the Factory Acceptance Testing of safety/control systems, conduct loop checks in the field, conduct “Hot Cutover” of existing instrumentation to new control systems;
- Typical deliverables include but are not limited to Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, DCS/SIS/PLC configuration and user interface graphics, control and interlock narratives, location plans, installation details, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, conduit/cable routing, cabinet/panel designs, power/grounding design, one-lines, schematics and any related control system/electrical drawings
- Decision Quality: Making good timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
9-12 years minimum experience in executing safety and control systems related projects in the Oil and Gas, Refining, and/or Petrochemical Industries
Applicant must be a strong communicator, results driven with demonstrated/proven strategic skills including business acumen, and dealing with ambiguity.
Experience in scope definition and execution for front end study and detail implementation
Experience in field instrumentation specification and signal wiring design
Experience in organizing and directing work for a large team (8-more people)
Must be willing to travel to client locations
Strong Communication skills
Self-Motivated and innovative
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail are essential
Proficient in DeltaV, Honeywell PKS and/or Foxboro systems
Experience in greenfield automation projects
Experience in site commissioning of large-scale greenfield automation projects
Experience in control systems modernization projectsApplication Process
Please apply through www.emerson.com/careers in order to be considered for an interview.Work AuthorizationEmerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.