Date: Aug 13, 2018
Location: Cotulla, TX, US, 78014-2005
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This entry-level position is responsible for maintaining optimum production from assigned wells. Works under general supervision of a supervisor or more experienced pumper, uses basic skills to complete routine assigned tasks. Most problems require consultation with supervisor to resolve.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes routine checks on all well sites according to schedule.
- Monitors production equipment, compressors, wellheads, dehydrators and meters.
- Manages daily fluid production; gauge and record oil and water tanks; record all seal records.
- Participates in periodic well review meetings with foreman, techs, and production engineer.
- Analyzes production related problems and work with foreman, techs, production engineer, and any other relative personnel to troubleshoot.
- Submits daily data and turn in all reports and tickets on a timely basis.
- Inspects lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained; check for spills and fluid leaks.
- Routinely inspects pumping units, compressors, and other equipment; ensure they are well maintained.
- Provides relief pumping when needed.
- Communicates regularly with production foreman and relief pumper.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is well maintained and cleaned.
- Performs light maintenance on equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chesapeakes Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Completes Lease Operator training as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Basic understanding of gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure equipment is working properly.
- Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices.
- Basic knowledge of analyzing and solving mechanical problems.
- Able to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Able to check wells on a daily basis, driving to and from wells.
- Ability to possess a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum: 0 – 2 years related work experience
- Must reside or relocate to within 85 driving miles of the office the position is posted for.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources. With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the state’s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses.