Date: Oct 5, 2018
Location: Douglas, WY, US, 82633-2959
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This intermediate-level position is responsible for maintaining optimum production from assigned wells. Under moderate oversight of daily work, is able to perform all routine duties. Has the functional and technical skills to perform the job and to solve moderately complex problems and issues. Demonstrates familiarity with multiple types of artificial lift and can troubleshoot with some assistance of supervisor or tech. Demonstrates familiarity with types of artificial lift and chemical treating in assigned area and can troubleshoot with some assistance of supervisor or tech.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes routine checks on all well sites according to schedule.
- Monitors production equipment, compressors, wellheads, dehydrators and meters.
- Manages daily fluid production; gauge and record oil and water tanks; record all seal records.
- Participates in periodic well review meetings with foreman, techs, and production engineer.
- Analyzes production related problems and work with foreman, techs, production engineer, and any other relative personnel to troubleshoot.
- Submits daily data and turn in all reports and tickets on a timely basis.
- Inspects lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained; check for spills and fluid leaks.
- Routinely inspects pumping units, compressors, and other equipment; ensure they are well maintained.
- Provides relief pumping when needed.
- Communicates regularly with production foreman and relief pumper.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is well maintained and cleaned.
- Performs light maintenance on equipment.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Chesapeakes Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Completes Lease Operator training as directed.
- Optimizes artificial lift systems as required.
- Optimizes chemical treating program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure a machine is working properly.
- Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices.
- Knowledge of oil and gas processes & production equipment.
- Knowledge of analyzing and solving mechanical problems.
- Checks wells on a daily basis. (Driving to and from wells)
- Able to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Ability to possess a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Minimum: 2 – 5 years related work experience
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake is one of the largest operators in the Powder River Basin, and we will continue supporting the communities where we live and work while reducing our environmental footprint through efficient water use and reduced air emissions. Our unique partnership in the Douglas Core Area Plan is one way we are committed to protecting wildlife while responsibly developing Wyoming’s oil and natural gas.
- This job has expired!