Date: 07 November 2018
Location: Westhill, Aberdeen
The Logistics Coordinator role is the main focal point for all Tendeka logistical order processing and HMRC reporting.
- Process all Logistics activities as directed by management, but coordinated by the team, ensuring work is carried out in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Import/Export coordination, processing and tracking for all orders, expedite vendors as/when required.
- Bidding Out for new and improved freight quotations and services by driving cost reduction.
- Maintain both the hard copy and electronic job files and archiving system
- Continually improve and review all costs and negotiate with suppliers to lower rates
- Report KPIs on a monthly basis with particular attention to job margin and on time delivery
- Maintain and manage the approved vendor listing where appropriate – including vendor qualification
- Develop strong vendor relationships
- Maintain logistical services to all external suppliers (e.g. UnionTech China), ensuring containers are available as per manufacturing and shipping schedules, and space allocation is available on vessels
- Implementation of Customs related processes and procedures ensuring continual updating of change, with awareness sessions being provided to relevant individuals
- Implementation of Trade Compliance related processes and procedures ensuring continual updating of change, with awareness sessions being provided to relevant individuals
- File and maintain all import and export logs in order to withstand any query or scrutiny by HMRC, Internal or External Financial Audits and Controls.
- Maintain company logs and trackers to provide instant visibility on all logistical movements to all relevant departments. (i.e. Sales, Customer Services & Projects, etc)
- Occasional Procurement or Inventory and Inventory Count Support Duties.
- Liaise closely with our Workshop Staff to ensure prompt receipts and dispatch of goods
- Any other reasonable departmental tasks as instructed by your Supervision and/or Line Management
Essential: A good standard of secondary education
Preferred: Relevant course on auditing, knowledge on sanctions
Experience / Competence / Skills / Knowledge
- Experienced in price negotiation, logistics and order planning.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
- Demonstrate competency in IT application tools, especially Outlook and Excel
- Previous experience in a purchasing and logistics position within a global oil service company.
- Previous experience of ERP Systems, (Epicor E10 familiarisation would be considered beneficial)
- Exposure and experience in the requirements for the occasional shipment of Dangerous Goods Cargo (e.g. Chemicals, Lithium Batteries, etc)
How to apply:
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time of company growth and development.
If you are interested in the role, please send your current CV, together with a cover letter via the form below.