Logistics Specialist Job
Date: Jun 30, 2019
Location: Killdeer, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
- Develops a 2-4 week integrated schedule for the area including maintenance and project activities
- Determines and coordinates resources to be used for execution of work (planned and break-in)
- Facilitates daily YTT meeting to review progress against current schedule and deviations to plan (break-ins)
- Provides a health check of area’s work management key metrics by monitoring metrics, bringing gaps forward to area operations team, and assisting in developing gap closure plans (backlog management)
- Aligns work to work management process and delivers strategic improvements in efficient execution of work to improve how work gets done in the work management process
- Provides coaching and instruction to area operations team on work management process and system (SAP)
- Accountable to ensure quality of SAP master data to standards (equipment, job plans, BOMs)
- Timely creation and delivery of weekly frozen schedule to area team
- Collaborates with Craft Logistics Specialists to coordinate schedule for equipment improvement teams (EITs)
- Responsible for day-to-day leadership in conjunction with Process Specialist
- Serves as the primary contact / intermediary with MR&I organization on behalf of the Areas
- Provides guidance to planners – feedback from PS/business (ensure planners have appropriate backlog of work for upcoming frozen schedule)
- Functions as a subject matter expert for the entire Area on SAP PM (CMMS)
- Liaise with Craft Logistics Specialists to ensure contractors meet expectations of contract; accountable for communicating to contract owners when contractors are not meeting expectations
- Field operations experience
- Logistics and Scheduling experience
- Knowledge of LEAN principles and tools
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills with attention to detail and process improvements
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft, CMMS – SAP Preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment
- Bachelors, or Associates degree preferred
- SAP PM or equivalent
- Continuous Improvement – 20%
- Process Execution – 30%
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – 20%
- Leadership / Coaching – 30%
- Field Time (“go see”, meetings/collaboration) – 30%
- Desk Time (admin, invoices, data analysis, emails) – 70%
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Jordyn Makell Gustafson | Employee | Field/Plant Operations | United States| North Dakota | Killdeer | | | | | No | 25141