date: Jan 10, 2019
location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. We approach challenges with integrity, ingenuity and respect. By valuing our employees, our partners, and our world, we’ve created a company that’s responsibly moving the world forward.
Chevron Canada Limited has been active in Canada for more than 80 years, exploring for, developing, producing and marketing crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. Today, Chevron Canada has interests in liquids-rich shale gas acreage and oil sands projects in Alberta; a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project and shale acreage in British Columbia; exploration, development and production projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador; and exploration and discovered resource interests in the Beaufort Sea region of the Northwest Territories.
Chevron Canada Resources is actively seeking a LSAT Natural Gas Liquids Scheduler to join our team. This position is based in Calgary, Alberta, and will report to the Natural Gas and Natural Liquids Trading Manager. As a part of Chevron Midstream, Supply and Trading (S&T) operates Chevron’s global supply and trading business. S&T is the commercial link to the market for Upstream. S&T / LSAT – Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) applies its knowledge of commodity markets and transportation logistics in the NGL markets to maximize the value of enterprise assets and enable the commercial success of Upstream and DS&C. LSAT Canada NGL sells specification products to support CBU (CNAEP) Upstream operations. LSAT Canada leverages their market knowledge and trading capabilities to capture commercial opportunities across the entire value chain through commercial functional excellence.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of LSAT NGL Scheduler located in Calgary, Alberta through January 23, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). The targeted start date for this position is March 2019.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for nominations and confirmations on assigned pipelines as well as backup responsibilities for others
- Scheduling responsibilities will include accrual data, storage and transportation contract segments and the input and verification / reconciliation of differences of actuals with contracting third parties
- Represents the company externally via a network of 3rd party contacts in the scheduling community
- Major duties include but are not limited to the optimization of transportation contracts, storage transactions, and the sourcing of sales transactions
- Responsible for updating internal systems on a timely basis as well as providing timely and accurate volumes to GSAT Finance. In addition to these tasks, the Scheduler works closely and liaisons with trading, accounting, risk control to analyze GSAT Canada P/L and support the Trading organization with any internal analysis.
- This is an NGL scheduler position based in Calgary for the GSAT team reporting to the Trading Manager
- The work day begins at 7:30AM
- 9/80 schedule is not always available, blackout days may apply
- Weekend work; pipeline balancing and trading (2-4 hrs) may be required due to the small team on a rotational basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or related discipine
- 2-4 years experience in NGL scheduling preferred
- Familiarity with Right Angle trading system preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn new software systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively within a team structure
- Self-starter, motivated to initiate projects and find innovative solutions to business challenges
- Demonstrates proactive, collaborative approach with ability to build positive relationships within department and organization
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work while managing multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to work additional hours on occasion (evenings and weekends)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.