Location: Aberdeen, GB
Company: Lloyds Register
Machinery and Rotating equipment specialist required to work on Offshore energy projects.
Experince of compliance engineering in a regulatory business such as Verifciation, Classification, Certification or Validation woudl be an advanatge
Ieally looking for a degree qualified, preferably Chartered, Mechanical Engineer with a proven track record on this discipline; relevant experience – large part of which should be in Oil & Gas Upstream and Floating Offshore Sector in which you have been exposed to problem solving in regards to engineering design but also expected to have proper knowledge of inspection, assessment, repair and life extension of process plant and marine equipment.
You will be fully conversant with codes of practice, standards and statutory regulations and ensure that designs comply with the specified requirements:
- Experienced in Design for offshore and onshore oil and gas projects including floating offshores facilities such as FPSOs and FLNGs; this must include:
- Detailed knowledge of Process gas compressors, Gas Turbines and power generation equipment.
- Familiarity with the following rules and codes : LR Offshore Rules, SOLAS, API (610-619 Pumps / Compressors / Turbines ), ISO, OCIMF, NFPA
- Design experience of winches, gearings, swivel and turrets and other rotating equipment
- Familiar with industry standard codes such as API, ISO, etc. for Machinery and Rotating equipment.
- Understanding of Materials Selection
- Knowledge of similar equipment on Marine systems
- Experience in Rotor dynamics
This is a contract position based in our Aberdeen office, however LR will consider suitable applicants who are able to work in our Southampton office
Job Segment: Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Inspector, Offshore Oil, Engineering, Quality, Energy