date: Mar 10, 2019
location: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, MY
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Malaysia Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance and Construction Lead located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia through March 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage maintenance activities at retail and commercial & industrial (C&I) facilities. Manage vendor contracts and other government relations. Ensure appropriate project management and OE/HES practices are provided to deliver against objectives. Develop strategies, establishing quality criteria, technical specifications for maintenance
- Accountable for Maintenance expenses and Capital projects planning, execution and safe and timely completion of the projects. Key participant in development of the annual budget and contracting plan. Project Monitoring for status and forecasts on spend. Identify/implement appropriate actions to provide continuous expense reductions
- Ensure that OEHES practices are understood and implemented, by both internal and external work groups. Provide assistance to OEHES for training and ensures compliance of HES policy. Coordinate with retail, C&I and EMC to completed site risk assessments for site closures and divestments
- Responsible for oversight of purchasing agreements, contracts, contract administration, expenditures and forecasts within M&C function. Include contractor and vendor performance management. Responsible for control and documentation of plant, property, and equipment inventory records for Chevron assets
- Develop, coach, and mentor M&C organization employees, including planning and initiating programs to improve customer service and project delivery
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably in Civil, Mechanical or electrical
- 10 years of experience in maintenance and construction of retail petrol service stations or chemical/energy facilities
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical & mechanical equipment including but not limited to underground storage tanks, fueling systems, convenience store and other facilities (i.e. auto tank gauging, vapor recovery, fire-fighting, plumbing, drainage systems and POS systems)
- Familiar with statutory requirements for constructing, maintaining and operating petrol service stations/energy or chemical facilities
- Able to manage Contractors to meet Company’s requirement on Health, Environment and Safety
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within assigned scope, timeframe and budget
- Able to supervise the Maintenance and Construction team as well as to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Mobility to sites within Malaysia and Singapore
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.