The successful applicant will join ESG’s Global Energy Services Group and will be responsible for overseeing all data acquisition and processing services for all petroleum group projects. The Manager of Acquisition and Processing will work with employees, project coordinators, and analytics teams to ensure that all tasks are performed on time and to the highest quality. They will also assume other management responsibilities, such as tracking and presenting group quality and efficiency metrics, forecasting resource requirements, employee evaluation, and facilitating career development within their group. This position requires an individual with management experience (relating to larger groups with dynamic schedules and workloads) and troubleshooting experience, who is both detail oriented and who has a broader corporate view.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Oversee all data acquisition and processing services up to event location and base level reporting on hydraulic fracturing and long term monitoring projects.
• Establish and monitor QC processes, with support of Supervisor and QC Specialist.
• Identify process gaps leading to shortcomings in group output, and implement solutions.
• Establish and track group metrics.
• Assessment of group performance.
• Determining resource requirements.
• Ensure near 100% accuracy of event location and base level reporting through QC process.
• Facilitate transition of project from Acquisition & Processing Group to Analytics.
• Responsible for employees’ Key Performance Objectives, evaluation, and feedback for Acquisition & Processing Services and Supervisor of Data Processing.
• Assess competency of employees.
• Ensuring new employees receive training and develop competency in all fundamental areas of development.
• Task assignment within A&P.
• Work with group employees to determine desired career paths and guide them in these directions (advanced acquisition & processing, analytics, R&D, PM) once nearing full competency in group.
• Work with Training Supervisor to establish, implement, and track training as required.
• Direct involvement in process improvement working groups that relate to group function and output.
• Work with other departments (Software, Interpretation, Lean Champion) to improve efficiencies and streamline internal processes.
• Participation in client meetings and presentations as required.
• Establish and manage Acquisition & Processing Roadmap which will define timelines and prioritization for development and implementation of group processes, training, etc.
• Establish and enforce QC processes for A&P, including data processing.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geoscience/Geophysics or a related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2-4 years of management experience, preferably in a goal oriented geophysical or data processing capacity.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team, clients, and co-workers.
• Excellent organizational, strategic, planning skills.
• Proven skills to interact effectively with a team in order to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties.
• Ability to assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions and evaluate results of performance.
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis.
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs at the same time.
• Ability to predict the needs of the department.
• Experience with Lean Management or other Continual Improvement business processes will be an asset.
ESG is a rapidly growing enterprise with offices in the Middle East, Asia, the U.S. and Canada. ESG offers worldwide opportunities, a flexible benefits program and competitive compensation.
Please apply via our ESG Career Centre with resume and cover letter. ESG thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.