LOCATION: Houston, TX
DIRECT REPORTING: Manager, Operations
The manufacturing Engineering is responsible for the engineering functions concerned with design, build, and procurement of manufacturing tooling/equipment necessary to support machining, assembly, and testing.
- Design and lead construction of equipment necessary to test valve integrity.
- Design and lead construction of tooling necessary to support ergonomic and efficient valve assembly.
- Design and lead construction of assembly cells.
- Provide on the floor manufacturing problem solving.
- Develop assembly and test instructions.
- Review engineering drawings for manufacturability and recommend revisions.
- Acts as team member in activities with various functions including Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Assembly, Accounting, Quality, Safety, Maintenance, and Sales.
- Support machining, assembly, and testing functions to resolve problems and supply solutions promptly.
- Maintain weld log. Coordinate certification of welders and weld procedures.
- Create, implement and execute PM schedule.
- Provide continuous review of machining, assembly, and test processes directed towards continuous improvement.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with service vendors and contractors.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Sound, in-depth understanding of concepts and principles in own technical area and multiple related subjects.
- Uses conceptual and innovative thinking identifying solutions to highly complex problems.
- Impacts the business through shared responsibility for volume, quality, on time delivery, and cost reduction.
- Capability to conceptualize and design basic to complex tooling and equipment.
- Experience reading and creating Solidworks and/or Autocad documents.
- Maintains and establishes relationships with internal and/or external contacts and organizations.
- Able to solve highly complex problems demanding/requiring use of conceptual and innovative thinking.
Education & Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 3-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities