• Create & simulate NC programs for modern CNC Lathes(vertical & horizontal) & Horizontal Borers using CAD/CAM & simulation software.
• Create and manage routings in accordance with manufacturing processes.
• Highlight project specific tooling needs for subsea products. Manages development of new tooling to facilitate manufacturing techniques.
• Use tool management system for creation of toolkits etc.
• This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
• Take innovative approaches to problem-solving relating to the manufacturability of subsea products.
• With limited direction from Manager, identify and manage small technology & productivity projects to completion.
• Responsible for working with the Lean 6 Sigma team to develop more efficient processes, procedures and drive productivity.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
• Ensure timely closure of manufacturing capability gaps prior to project commencement.
• Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments.
• Participate in technical and program reviews.
Qualifications/Requirements:• HNC or equivalent in mechanical/production engineering
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Machine shop experience with horizontal boring, horizontal millturn or vertical turning preferred.
About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations:United Kingdom; Montrose