- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 11/29/2018 9:56:08 AM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- Assist in solving high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity in the area or business segment using root cause analysis & implementing corrective actions
- Present to business leaders (SPB & EB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams how technologies interconnect & contribute to overall strategy
- Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
- Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ) and Health, Safety & Environmental (EHS) actions
- Specify needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
- Work within cross-functional organization team – spanning production, quality, engineering, sourcing, etc.
- Lead and influence team(s) by communicating business goals / programs / processes
- Lead & Support equipment upgrades from purchase through installation
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in manufacturing)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering design
- Desired Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university, with solid works and AutoCAD experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Prior exposure to and knowledge/participation of Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Prior experience working in a machine shop, Assembly & test, or other manufacturing environment
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge – tooling, machining, manufacturing processes
- Ability to program multiple types of CNC manufacturing machinery (2- 5 axis)
- Works well independently and within cross-functional group settings
- Strong customer focus, particularly in meeting the needs & expectations of production teams
- Quick learner with passion for implementing innovative technologies & methods
- Curious, creative & passionate about lifelong learning
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of API 6A requirements
- About Us:Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
- Locations:United States; Oklahoma; Shawnee
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.