Location: Artarmon, AU
Company: Weir Minerals
Business Need / Purpose of Role
To support the Weir Minerals Australia business through the effective process design, plant layout and installation/commissioning support of crushing/screening process plants. The role will also provide technical support to the regional Weir Minerals Australia comminution business unit.
Objectives and Measurements
Crushing/Screening Plant Design
- Reviews and interprets technical specifications and requirements;
- Engineering analysis, calculations, and modelling to ensure the designs meet the client requests;
- Develops concept and preliminary crushing/screening plant layout, specifically focusing on all matters relating to material transfer, dust control and preventing product spillage;
- Completes concept and preliminary conveyor and chute/transfer point sizing, designs and technical specifications;
- Takes the lead on addressing enquiries regarding transition point designs and technical specifications of such;
- Develops P&ID for crushing/screening plant design;
- Manages technical interface with third party suppliers and design houses regarding process and materials handling design questions;
- Takes the lead on communicating with managing internal customers with relation to requirements elicitation, and project and product related information.
- Elicits requirements and specifications for brownfield engineering solutions;
- Plans the investigation and development of solutions to meet requirements;
- Assists with end to end project delivery – from conception, prototype through to post delivery and support;
- Identifies applicable standards and regulations and ensures Weir equipment meets those requirements.
- Ensures engineering design and implementation across the Weir Minerals APAC region aligns Weir policies and guidelines and to required international standards.
- Coordinates implementation of engineering and technical solutions within projects;
- Supports the Project Manager in project management activities.
- Keeps abreast of industry best practice methodologies and tools.
- Achieves continuous improvement of engineering solutions to best practice thinking.
- Must be a self-starter, someone who is able to help deliver engineering scope for projects;
- Must establish strong professional relationships with team and stakeholders (both technical and non-technical).
- Supports other business initiatives as requested by line management;
- ‘Hands on’ technical tasks from time to time as required.
Job knowledge / Other requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Process/Chemical or Mechanical Engineering;
- Chartered Engineer with RPEQ registration;
- At least ten (10) years’ Australian experience within mineral and/or sand/aggregate crushing/screening plant process design;
- Conveyor design using recognised static design software (Helix, Sidewinder, BeltStat or Belt Analyst);
- Site experience associated commissioning and operation of crushing/screening plant including belt conveyors, jaw/cone crushers and screens;
- Engineering design and practical engineering experience in mining, minerals or heavy industrial environment.
- Proficient with conveyor design software (Helix, Sidewinder, BeltStat or Belt Analyst);
- Experience with Discrete Element Modelling (DEM) particle flow simulation programs (Rocky, EDEM, Newton or Bulk Flow Analyst);
- Experience with AutoCAD;
- Experience with PLM systems (preferably Teamcenter).