Date: Nov 25, 2018
Location: Keene, North Dakota, US
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota.Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The Measurement Technician ensures the integrity and reliability of oil and gas meters, measurement recording equipment, and performs operations and maintenance at meter site locations in compliance with Hess policy and procedures, and in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test, calibrate, operate, maintain, and inspect electronic and mechanical flow meters and obtain oil and gas samples
- Witness testing and calibration of 3rd party meters
- Complete applicable reporting and documentation of key operating parameters
- Maintain meter proving reports
- Attend annual water draws for third party proving equipment
- Close and balance monthly production volumes
- Set and maintain third party LACT proving schedule
- Approve construction flow testing of all new measurement equipment
- Adhere to written operating procedures for shutdown and startup of equipment
- Adhere to all safety policies and practices
- Actively participate in various elements of process safety
- Complete allocation meter proving quarterly
- Communicate and interface with measurement, production, and third party operators when required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities while meeting work deadlines
- Oil and Gas industry experience is a plus
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices
- Capable of physical duties in outdoor environment
- Ability to navigate to designated locations
- Ability to work with and understand the safety requirements with high pressures and H2S gas
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP is helpful
- Ability to work in team environment with positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communications skills
Education, Training & Certifications
- High school graduate with technical degree, or some college
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.