Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent – (F7036)
- Prepares and sets Mechanical Section labor and materials budgets to ensure funds are available to meet mechanical maintenance objectives of availability & mechanical integrity.
- Motivate, support and develop staff in the PMD Mechanical Section to ensure that the defined maintenance strategies & procedures are implemented and adhered to in a safe, cost effective manner. Justifies and arranges skills training for those employees in Plant Maintenance that require training to meet these requirements & enhanced skills.
- Ensure adequate spares are held & preventative maintenance schedules are configured & processed for continued availability of refinery rotating equipment and relief valves.
- Provide a major contribution to rotating equipment failure investigations in the Bapco refinery by initiating, leading or participating in investigations to enhance availability.
- Provides a 24/7 response from PMD, Mechanical section for emergency situations relating to rotating equipment & relief valve failures and problems to minimize down time.
- Initiates improvements to rotating and other refinery equipment aimed at reducing failures and associated costs as well as improving safety. Is primarily responsible for an increased mean time between failures of Bapco’s rotating equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of refinery major equipment critical spares.
- Liaises with other department’s personnel to ensure effective maintenance participation during commissioning, modification (and repair) of new and installed plant to facilitate Maintenance input & provide for a smooth exchange of knowledge, information & records.
- Controls work in the fitting and valve-shops to meet the deadlines imposed by the plant relating to equipment sent to the workshops for test/repair/overhaul.
- BSc. in Mech. Engineering or similar and Membership of an appropriate Eng. Institute.
- Detailed practical knowledge and experience of machinery obtained through an Engineering Apprenticeship or similar formal training programme.
- 12 years of relevant experience in a refinery or other related process industry
- Have a good knowledge of the principles, practices & technology associated with the installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment installed in refineries.
- Have detailed knowledge of craft practices and procedures.
- Have detailed knowledge of Maintenance and Operating procedures pertaining to equipment or facilities being worked on.
- Experienced in & been actively involved in “troubleshooting” machinery problems.
- Good communication skills – written & verbal. Able to write detailed technical reports and recommendations.
- In depth knowledge & experience of Condition Monitoring techniques & their application.
- Good leadership qualities with supervisory and organizational ability, also able to issue clear, concise instructions.
: Default Job
: MAINTENANCE SERVICES
: Permanent Full-time
: Jan 13, 2019, 4:49:00 PM