Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Design of SCADA and PLC based control systems.
- Development and debugging of SCADA and PLC software programs such as RS Logix-5000, RS Linx and WinCC and WinCC Flex, Step 7 and Wonderware in Touch etc.
- Inspection, commissioning and testing of control systems in the infrastructure domain.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of SCADA, Control Systems communication networks and instrumentation installed at client locations. Interface with clients to make modifications and corrections to the installed SCADA systems.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering and design.
- Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- 4+ years of experience required
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering degree
- Upstream offshore experience is preferred, but not required
- Must have experience with reviewing vendor data for switchgears and MCC’s
- EIT certificate is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- PE registration preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 14, 2019, 6:20:45 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com