Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Job ID: 17544
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
This position is accountable for execution of the marketing strategy for the geographic/project areas of responsibility. Negotiates complex marketing agreements for sales, gathering, transportation, purchasing, and related services. Gathers, analyzes, and interprets competitor and market analysis from which to make sound business decisions, and has a thorough understanding of the industry value drivers. Secures reliable markets at competitive values to support business unit execution and financial results.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or Engineering
Minimum of 5-8 years of industry experience, preferably at least 3 years of oil marketing related experience
- Develop and implement written marketing plan for area of responsbility
- Gather, analyze and interpret market intelligence
- Develop, cultivate and manage effective working relationships with external customers
- Maintain effective communications with internal customers and across teams
- Actively contribute to E&P teams
- Read and understand existing agreements to maintain compliance and identify value added opportunities
- Negotiate marketing agreements with an ability to identify and mitigate potential risks
- Willingness to travel domestically as required
- Industry contacts and infrastructure knowledge preferred
- Ability to work multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and recommend solutions to business issues
- Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team atDiversity@dvn.com.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Compliance, Quality Assurance, QA, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Quality