Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The On-site Application Engineer sees it all—design, manufacture, installation and operation of our pumps and seals at our customers’ sites in the oil and chemical industries. In this challenging position the On-Site Application Engineer provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The On-site Applications Engineer is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions on-site at a nearby customer refinery in Mandan, North Dakota.
On-Site AE duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide on-site technical support for both Flowserve pump and seals, assuring appropriate product selection and successful operation of our products.
- Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve’s sales engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and manufacturing.
- Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, and engineering analyses. Will examine failed products, providing written and oral explanations to customer and assist with start-ups and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring the content and style to the audience.
- Provide technical guidance about successful installation and operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation procedures are followed.
- Maintain data regarding customer equipment and parts inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding inventory reduction and consolidation.
- Responsible for the close tolerance measurement of rotating equipment for seal upgrades and retrofits.
- Assist in developing MOC (Management of Change) process for conversions and upgrades.
- Assist in developing new methods of solving problems and modifying existing seal designs to meet customer needs and improve seal life.
- Interact with Flowserve departments and divisions as needed to support the order process and assure on-time delivery of pump and seal orders.
- Will perform customer surveys using the Flowstar survey program and develop and finalize standardization of installed seals.
- Help conduct technical training as needed for our customers.
2+ years of experience in pump, mechanical seals in the oil and gas industry is preferred.
Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work well in a team–oriented environment.
Demonstrates behavior that contributes to a team environment, decision making, problem solving, and continuous improvement
Strong mechanical aptitude and technical writing skills.
Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image.
Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and co-workers
Bachelors of Science preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Petroleum Engineering
Previous experience of rotating equipment, knowledge of mechanical seals, knowledge of pumps is highly desired
Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, a positive.
In-plant operations experience highly desired.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
On-Site Applications Engineer – Mandan, North Dakota
Primary Posting Location:
Woodridge, Illinois US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.