The Operations Analyst is responsible for providing cost tracking and operational metrics to the Midstream Assets Team. The incumbent tracks and reports key performance indicators, such as field pressure maintenance, and reports this data in the Midstream Reporting Dashboard. The Operations Analyst supports the Midstream Planning Engineers by comparing historical planning data to actual production values, reviewing and importing stack plot information into existing data sets, and assisting in the development of forecasts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be at all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary:
- Monitor and report on monthly spending for each Midstream operational region
- Generate and distribute monthly operating reports
- Develop annual operating cost budgets in conjunction with operations
- Monitor and update capital spending data
- Track and report key performance indicators for the Midstream Reporting Dashboard, such as fuel, flare, and lost volume data, system balances, and field pressure maintenance statistics
- Assist engineers through stack plot reviews and import the information into existing data sets
- Assist engineers in reviewing historical planning volumes to actual production values
- Assist engineers in importing forecast data into modeling software
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience in Wrike and ArcGIS software programs a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with basic mathematical and statistical skills a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills are necessary
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task with attention to accuracy
- Must be team player that possess the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed inside an office environment. Incumbents must be able to perform work which requires typing, sitting, standing and walking. In the event that employee is required to visit areas where actual operations are occurring, such as construction sites, drilling locations or well-sites, personal protective equipment including, but not limited to head protection, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, and flame resistant clothing is required. Safety rules including OSHA and DOT requirements are strictly enforced. Employees must be willing to travel and work extended hours on short notice.
Cimarex Energy Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.