Date: Apr 10, 2019
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
This intermediate-level position is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to engineering operations personnel, partners and owner relations. This includes collecting, sorting, categorizing, reviewing, and updating data, as well as other data management activities. Responsible for a variety of data management activities, which include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to engineering and production operations. Provides support on various applications, troubleshoots and coordinates with other departments as needed to resolve problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage distribution of operational data to partners along with inbound non-op data from wells we are entitled.
- Performs data management activities, which include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to engineering operations.
- Assist in Partner Relations and inquiries as well as manage the data request inbox for inhouse requests for operations and/or production data.
- Manage access to PDS for partners entitled to operations/production data.
- Assist and support PDS projects, testing changes and integration management for data flowing to down stream systems.
- Assisting implementation and testing of operations data entry automation efforts.
- Work closely with Land, Accounting, Geology, Engineering and Business Development ensuring CHK controls inbound and outbound data to only those entitled, adhering to CHK data management strategy.
- Assisting in data trade agreements and assisting Business Development in acquisition and divestiture operations data needs.
Job Specific Skills
- Possess good customer service skills and strong follow up with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Drilling, Completion, and Workover reports will be helpful for entry and analysis.
- Strong process improvement skills.
- Able to use Excel and other analytical software for data manipulation.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to learn company specific applications, such as WellView, WDL and Enertia.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university
- Minimum: 2 – 5 years
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s (NYSE:CHK) operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Database, Data Analyst, Engineer, Operations, Technology, Data, Engineering