- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 10/19/2018 11:55:52 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
- Work under the guidance of the Operations Engineering Manager/Team Leader and in close co-operation with the Project Leader and other Engineering staff in order to engineer solutions to mechanical, electronic and handling equipment problems to suit a particular operation.
- Provide approved tool builds to Operations on time to enable timely mobilization and running of commercial jobs.
- Develop solutions which work first time, meeting tight timescales and budget.
- Undertake technical and risks assessments of information and situations arising.
- Produce layouts, design schemes and drawings that fully define the problem and the proposed solution(s). Complete any documentation to the appropriate standard.
- Represent PPS with the client, fully understanding the scope of the problem, ensuring clear communications and an understanding of PPS’s requirements from the client.
- Provide effective liaison both within Operations Engineering and with the rest of PPS to ensure that the best possible solution is produced for a particular client.
- Support the production/manufacture/assembly of the solutions designed, overcome any problems encountered but still consider standardization, value engineering, and maintainability.
- Ensure that all documentation produced for each project undertaken is of a level that can be clearly understood and provides sufficient detail to allow the operation to be repeated in the future.
- Produce basic design calculations and plans, where necessary.
- Carry out failure investigation (FIT) on in-field failures and root cause analysis (RCA) to prevent re-occurrence of problems.
- Resolve issues with and support new designs in-field.
- Deliver Quality in all aspects of process undertaken.
- Production of detailed solutions to specific operational problems.
- Provide first point technical support world wide.
- Ensure effective communications within PPS and with clients.
- Undertake work within agreed budget.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- A sound practical and technical background
- Experience in problem solving and the ability to apply this to solve complex electro-mechanical problems
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design packages
- A willingness to acquire the technical knowledge of new products is essential.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency websitehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Desired Characteristics:Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Locations:United Kingdom; Cramlington