date: Oct 19, 2018
location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies producing safe, reliable energy now and for the future. We approach challenges with integrity, ingenuity and respect. By valuing our employees, our partners, and our world, we’ve created a company that’s responsibly moving the world forward.
Chevron has been active in Canada for more than 80 years, exploring for, developing, producing and marketing crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. Today, Chevron Canada has interests in liquids-rich shale gas acreage and oil sands projects in Alberta; a proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project and shale acreage in British Columbia; exploration, development and production projects offshore Newfoundland and Labrador; and exploration and discovered resource interests in the Beaufort Sea region of the Northwest Territories.
Chevron Canada has an industry-leading position in the emerging Duvernay resource play near Fox Creek, Alberta, approximately 260 km northwest of Edmonton. Chevron Canada has a 70 percent-owned and operated interest in approximately 330,000 acres in the liquids-rich Duvernay formation and in November 2017, announced it was moving into development with approximately 250 wells to be drilled and completed in the initial development area known as East Kaybob. The program will utilize long-term infrastructure development and service agreements with Pembina Pipeline Corporation and Keyera Corporation, with service expected to be available during the second half of 2019.
We are actively seeking a Petroleum Engineer to join our Kaybob Duvernay (KD) team This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and will report to the Subsurface Team Lead. The successful candidate will be working within a multidisciplinary subsurface team to lead characterization of the reservoir, analysis of existing well performance and plan for the continued appraisal and development of the Kaybob Duvernay asset.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of KD Petroleum Engineer located in Calgary, Alberta through Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide direction and input to asset development plans and decisions including economic assessments, reservoir appraisal, well design, and technical evaluations within Chevron’s position in the Kaybob Duvernay area.
- Lead small cross-functional project teams to assess appraisal and land trade opportunities on tight timelines
- Work cross-functionally to understand key subsurface parameters for well performance and make recommendations for performance improvements based on technology developments, competitor activity and advanced data analytics
- Lead reservoir characterization through evaluation of PVT, DFIT, and RTA across a range of fluid regions, assess well performance, develop data gathering and surveillance plans and prioritize well/development sequencing.
- Provide mentorship for Decline Curve Analysis on existing wells, generating Type Curves for forecasting performance, and completing Reserves evaluations.
- Integrate DCA and dynamic well modeling performance using IPM software (PROSPER, GAP, PVTP) to support production engineering team to optimize well performance, including artificial lift & compression recommendations for future development areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant Oil and Gas industry experience with a preference for previous shale gas experience and/or Western Canadian basin experience
- Strong foundation in unconventional reservoir engineering and production engineering, with experience in reservoir management of mature oil and gas fields, and new field developments including well performance evaluation and improvement
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills with the ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated skills in fluid characterization, Pressure Transient Analysis and Rate Transient Analysis and ability to mentor other engineers in these areas
- Demonstrated project management skills to deliver quality work on time and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
- This job has expired!