Date: Sep 29, 2018
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
The advisory level position applies geological, engineering and petrophysical expertise to conduct and review project work, mentor staff, and lead innovation efforts, as well as collaborate effectively with others throughout the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads interpretations of geological, geophysical, or petrophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, production and fluids data, and core studies.
- Conducts petrophysical field studies to locate, estimate and predict petroleum system properties using integrated analysis of data and information.
- Applies advanced geological, geophysical, or petrophysical theories, applications and models to explain, predict and interpret data.
- Mentors less experienced staff in areas of expertise.
- Leads efforts to investigate and test new technologies to improve capabilities and optimize workflows.
- Provides advice and oversight to coring and logging operations, sample selection and sample testing.
Job Specific Skills
- Expert knowledge of logging tool physics, measurements, and quality control
- Experienced in logging program design and field logging operations
- Expert practitioner with petrophysical software tools to perform shaly sand, complex lithology, source rock and carbonate petrophysical analyses
- Expert practitioner in the incorporation of rock and fluid analyses into predictive property models
- Experienced in project management principles and application
- Knowledge of risk and uncertainty in prospect and play analysis
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree – from accredited university – Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field (Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field for Petrophysicist positions)
- Preferred: Master’s degree – from accredited university – Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field (Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field for Petrophysicist positions)
- Minimum: 12 – 15 years related work experience
- Experience in mentoring and in people development and leadership
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, Testing, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology
- This job has expired!