PhD Research Chemist/Research Engineer
installation date : 22-feb-2019
City : Brussels / Machelen, BRU, BE
Company : ExxonMobil
Exxon Mobil Corporation is the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company and one of the largest chemical companies in the world. In the Benelux, ExxonMobil is best known for its Esso and Mobil brands. Active in almost every country around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local, ranging from major chemical companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Esso service stations in the Benelux.
Our people are driven, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams. They thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system and regular training enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of managers or technical specialists..
ExxonMobil Chemical Europe Inc. currently has a Research and Development position available in the Research Department of its Technology Organization, located at the European Technology Center in Brussels.
The Technology Organization is part of Chemical’s Global Technology Organization, and is active in conducting fundamental and applied research on heterogeneous catalysts, adsorbents and (heterogeneous and homogeneous) catalytic processes.
You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and timely execution of all aspects of research or process development programs. The prime goal is to optimize existing catalytic or adsorption processes, and to develop new technologies in line with the Business needs. You will be member of an international network of experts. You will be conducting research using state-of-the art bench and pilot scale Research and Development tools and will provide daily functional guidance to a group of experienced lab and pilot plant technicians.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, with strong R&D expertise in the area of active materials, such as heterogeneous catalysts and adsorbents.
- Experience with high throughput experimentation, design and use of bench scale test equipment. Knowledge on process development or modeling is a plus.
- Having 5 to 10 years of experience in a research environment beyond your PhD research is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential. Any other language is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Time management, team work, attention to details, strong controls and safety awareness are key personal values.
- Frequent traveling (about 15%) to attend company meetings or external conferences is not a problem.
Only applications in English including CV and motivation letter will be processed
Application process has 3 stages:
1. Screening of CV and motivation letter
2. 1st round interview
3. 2nd round interview
A candidate must pass all stages to receive an offer. A candidate can be rejected after each stage.