Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
The Piping Designer has knowledge in a specialized function and a strong understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Develops processes that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed under minimal supervision. Interacts with internal and external personnel on matters of significant importance.
- Prepare and revise drawings such as Plot Plans, Equipment Arrangements, Piping Plans, isometrics, and extract drawings from 3D models.
- Create 3D models from layouts and sketches.
- Perform basic design and checking activities, as well as perform Quality Reviews of Design from satellite offices.
- Monitor and review vendor drawings to ensure they conform to project design specifications.May assist in maintaining project controls and records.
- Develop the ability to understand and apply information contained in layouts, sketc
- hes, P&ID’s, project specifications and other related project data in order to complete drafting and 3D modeling assignments.
- Develop familiarity with equipment items and piping materials and their function in design of a process/utility facility.
- Develop a working knowledge of the operation and function of all engineering disciplines to ensure proper coordination on a project.
- Normally requires a minimum of 3 years experience with High School or Associate Graduate, or entry level for a BS degree.
- SPED training/certification a plus.
- Primary experience in S3D is preferred.
- Experience in other applications such as PDMS, Cadworx and Optiplant are a plus.
- Willingness to move up into an eventual role as Area Lead on a project is also a positive.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Jan 15, 2019, 4:02:50 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com