Perform high pressure and/or 1-atmosphere gas mixing experiments to constrain processes of planetary magmatic systems, and observations of lunar and martian surface composition.
Perform major and minor element analyses of experimental run products.
Extract and remount experimental run products in indium and polish samples for subsequent nanoSIMS analyses.
- Perform duties as assigned in the Center for Isotope Cosmochemistry and Geochronology (CICG ) laboratory.
- Present results of work and science conclusions at the end of the summer (expected term August 2019).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university and pursuing a Science degree.
- Completed at least 60 credit hours.
- Minimum of a 2.8 GPA.
- Previous experience in experimental petrology, small sample handling and analysis.
- Previous experience with analytical techniques and mineral characterization.
Why Work for Jacobs?
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston
: Apr 11, 2019, 9:20:32 PM
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit www.jacobs.com