Our Client, A Reliability and Maintenance Consultancy, are looking for a Planning Engineer on a staff basis, based in Aberdeen.
• To support the operations function through the creation, updating and reporting against project plans.
• To provide planning and scheduling support to the operations support team to ensure all work is suitably and accurately planned and scheduled.
• Act as Key interface with the client’s programme and project managers, project teams and finance manager and external clients.
• Implement project controls and update the Project control schedule in line with the project reporting calendar, where updated plans and progress reports are received from contractors, and used to update the plans, progress curves, schedule value, earned value, etc.
• Proactively manage changes with the project scopes, translating real world requirements into the plan, estimating work scopes, milestones, identifying critical paths.
• Act as a P6 Super user, providing support and guidance to the project teams, engineers and technical assistants
• Support good, open communication within the wider Project & Operations Team, promoting a culture of involvement and participation and adherence to Company values.
• Provide planning support to overseas offices and project teams on a remote basis.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Experience working within a planning environment for a service provider
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Primavera P6
• The ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of customer service and confidentiality
• Experience with resolving conflicts and manage relationships
• Project Co-Ordination
• Degree Qualified or relevant experience
• Previous experience providing planning support to project teams based in remote offices.
• Previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Ability to work pro-actively under own initiative with minimum supervision
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Excellent communication skills